<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next > End >>
|Page 1 of 9|
On the 31st of August, the United Nations website for Suriname went live on the World Wide Web.
Sr.one.un.org aims to give the general public and key stakeholders in Suriname the opportunity to learn more about the work of the UN agencies, funds and programmes that represent the organization in the country.
The website makes accessible to everyone the latest documents and publications related to the development areas where the UN supports the Government of Suriname. Images, links, videos and e-learning opportunities are made available through user-friendly intuitive applications.
Viable democracies and open societies depend on effective lawmaking, oversight and representation â€” the three chief functions of parliaments.Â Together with the National Assembly of Suriname, UNDP Suriname organized a course in legislative drafting for the Parliament. The course started on 10th July and concluded the 10th August, when participants received certificates of completion of the course.
This workshop brought together around 58 participants, Members of Parliament, legal staff of the Parliament, the Central Bank of Suriname, the Ministry of Justice and Police, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Social Affairs and the State Council, who have now gained insights and skills to draft and amend legislation.
Moengoâ€™s calmness was affected on Saturday 4th of August on the occasion of the first Podosiri Conference held at the Surinamese district of Marowijne. Maroon rhythms opened an event that attracted more than one hundred participants from different regions of the country. Women, men and children gathered at Moengo for a full day event to learn more about the local plant and fruit.
The Conference was an opportunity to explore the numerous uses and advantages of this popular black fruit. Experts from the University of Suriname, Tropenbos and the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries (LVV), among others, explained the participants the essentials related to this plant and its fruit. During the different presentations, attendants could learn the specifics of how to grow, harvest, process and commercialize podosiri.
United Nations Development ProgrammeRead more...
Phone # 597-421417
Fax # 597-425136
News & Activities
- SGP participates in the Made In Suriname Fair 2013
- Global Environmental Facility Small Grants Programme supports 3rd International Congress on Biodiversity of the Guiana Shield
- Global Environmental Facility Small Grants Programme funded Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment (VCA) at Johanna Margaretha completed.
- Devinfo 7.0 Training Session, 25 and 26 March, 2013
- Remarks by the Country Director at the opening of Training on DevInfo 7.0 Web Application and the new features of DevInfo 7.0 Data Admin Application 25-26 March, 2013 UN House Conference Room
- SGP holds farewell dinner for intern and volunteer
- Call for Proposals GEF-SGP Strategic Projects OP5
- Fully staffed SGP office
- Remarks by Dr. Thomas Gittens UNDP Country Director at the â€˜INFORMATION SHARING MEETING FOR THE CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENTâ€™
- Remarks by Dr. Thomas Gittens UNDP Country Director at the Stakeholder Dialogue on the Suriname Readiness Preparation Proposal (R-PP)
|Realizing the future we want for all|
|The Millennium Development Goals Report 2012|
|A Guidebook to Promote Women's Political Participation|
|Mobile Technologies and Empowerment: Enhancing human development through participation and innovation|
|United Nations Development Assistance Framework 2012-2016|
|Caribbean Human Development Report 2012. Human Development and the Shift to Better Citizen Security|
|UNAIDS World AIDS Day Report 2011|
|State of World Population Report 2011|